thotbook-dev

Re: [Thotbook-dev] Re: Are there ThotBook debian packages around?

From: Yann Dirson
Subject: Re: [Thotbook-dev] Re: Are there ThotBook debian packages around?
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 10:11:45 +0200

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 11:34:55PM +0200, Steinar Bang wrote:

> > No.  I've planned to package thoteditor, then we can package the
> > thot definitions for thotbook.  The standalone thotbook application
> > does not really exist yet.
>
> Hm... not sure if I understood that bit?  Do you mean that
> thotheditor, is the actual application, and that the code that makes
> up thotbook, is mixed with thoteditor?

There are 2 parallel progress directions:

- working on the docbook definitions (schema, stylesheet, converters),
which I've so far done using ThotEditor 2.1e (based on old thotlib)

- working on a standalone docbook-specific application, that will be
named ThotBook in the end, based on the new thotlib (the one in recent
amayas), which benj has started to play with, but which is far from
being usable yet.

> > Current thotlib is part of amaya source tarball, and the build
> > system does not produce shared libs.  In fact it does not even seem
> > to think that other people would want to use thotlib :(
>
> > It would be great if someone moved the amaya build system to
> > automake/libtool.  That would allow many more things to happen !
>
> What's holding up this transition?  Lack of time?  Lack of knowledge
> of automake and/or libtool?

I suppose, lack of need/motivation for this in the amaya team, and
lack of time from someone who would have the interest and knowledge to
do it (which could be me ;).

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson <address@hidden>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique