thug

Re: [Thug] Hi

From: Simon Law
Subject: Re: [Thug] Hi
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 13:14:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, francois wrote:

> Hi. This isn't a help me question, thought it may sound like one.
>  I'm using redhat 7.2, and I was trying to upgade it.  They sell an
> upgrade service, but I dont wan to pay.  So I'm caugth trying to upgrade
> with there basic service.  NOw it may be me, but I think they have the
> basic service set up so that it's almost imposible to use.  I fiddeled
> with it for an hour and I never got a down load.  dang!
>   My question for you is:  is it simpler to use Debian to download rpm
> bug fixes?  or is it an other subscription service, or something like
> that.  I'm going to junk my RH for a simpler to up date linux.  Is
> debian the right one?

        This is the wrong forum for this type of question, but it seems
that you're a little new at this; so I'll help you anyway.  *grin*

        The Debian operating system is not very compatible with RedHat's
distribution of GNU/Linux.  It is highly unlikely that a package from
Debian would mesh with your current system.  I have a small bias, as I
run Debian GNU/Linux myself and would recommend that you install that.
See http://www.debian.org for more information.

        Otherwise, I'd suggest that you go to RedHat's website and
forums and see if you can scrounge up some help there.

Good luck,
        Simon