thug

Re: [Thug] Hi

From: James Morrison
Subject: Re: [Thug] Hi
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 10:31:29 -0700 (PDT)

--- Simon Law <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, 1 Jun 2002, francois wrote:
>
> > Hi. This isn't a help me question, thought it may sound like one.
> >  I'm using redhat 7.2, and I was trying to upgade it.  They sell an
> > upgrade service, but I dont wan to pay.

 Don't be a cheap skate.

> > So I'm caugth trying to upgrade
> > with there basic service.  NOw it may be me, but I think they have the
> > basic service set up so that it's almost imposible to use.  I fiddeled
> > with it for an hour and I never got a down load.  dang!
> >   My question for you is:  is it simpler to use Debian to download rpm
> > bug fixes?  or is it an other subscription service, or something like
> > that.  I'm going to junk my RH for a simpler to up date linux.  Is
> > debian the right one?

 Debian does not support rpm's.  If you want and easy way to update red hat,
try paying them for their work.

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware
   2A co-op
http://hurd.dyndns.org

Anyone referring to this as 'Open Source' shall be eaten by a GNU