tiger-user

[Tiger-user] BIG corporation using SuSE *GASP* and need an RPM, paid sup

From: Tommy Butler
Subject: [Tiger-user] BIG corporation using SuSE *GASP* and need an RPM, paid support
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:13:10 -0500

OK I work for a 10 billion dollar international business corporation.  They have decided to use SuSE as the Linux distribution for their enterprise Linux deployments.  Although my personal love is the Debian OS, the SuSE decision has already been made, and there are strong business reasons for it which Debian just doesn't meet.  So I am a SuSE admin at work and a Debian admin by night!  But I digress.  Let me get to the real issue here...

This company is in need of some software that does what Tiger does well.  However company policy states that we can't use software in production unless it meets some stringent criteria.  The software must be "stable", it must pass tests for functionality on several platforms (IBM iSeries [AS/400 64 bit PPC], IBM zSeries [64 bit mainframe], x86, Intel64, AMD64, Sparc), it must be approved by the company security team, it must have an RPM (install-able on SuSE Linux Enterprise Server), and it must must MUST have a support contract.  My company pays for support from big vendors by policy, and no unsupported software can or ever will be used (without extreeeeemely rare exception).

Is the tiger project capable of and willing to provide RPMs and enterprise support contracts to world-wide company?

--
Tommy Butler
address@hidden