Re: [Tinycc-devel] bug-report:parameters catch

From: Peter Finderup Lund
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] bug-report:parameters catch
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 00:19:34 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Fabrice Bellard wrote:

> Well, I still wonder if 'tcc -run' is interesting. It would simplify the
> command line argument syntax and maybe less people would have problem.
> The only drawback is that you need to add:
>
> #/usr/local/bin/tcc -run
>
> at the start of your C scripts... Any other opinion ?

Would one?  What if the tcc automatically ran scripts if they started
with a #! line and were marked as executable and tcc weren't passed parameters
before the name of the script?

Yeah, I don't like magic or guessing either... but since it is apparently
normal to first not read the docs, then misunderstand them, then complain
that the product has a bug... ;)

-Peter

PS: One of the many things I like about tcc is that it warns about
slightly different things than my gcc :)