Re: [Tinycc-devel] bug-report:parameters catch

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] bug-report:parameters catch
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 06:33:00 +0000

On Thursday 06 February 2003 12:34, Vladimir Moushkov wrote:

> i mean that the tcc shoudln't be sensetive where is '-o' parameter before
> the source file parameter or after. The same result is also when using the
> '-c' parameter.
> regards: vlindos

This and the previous problem about -lpthread are due to the fact that tcc
acts as an interpreter by default, and passes any command line options after
the .c file as arguments to the program rather than arguments to tcc.

Might it be a good idea to take a cue from busybox or gzip, and behave
differently based on a different application name?  Make a hardlink or
symlink to the executable so that called under one name it interpets by
default and called via another name it acts more like gcc and compiles by
default?

Might I suggest that the logical interpreter behavior would be "tci"?  Tiny c
interpreter?  Then tcc could have a much more gcc compatable command line
without so many gotchas.

Just a thought...

Rob

--
penguicon.sf.net - A combination Linux Expo and Science Fiction Convention,
May 2-4 2003 in Warren, Michigan. Tutorials, installfest, filk, masquerade...