Re: [Tinycc-devel] Push reproducible builds script? (for windows)

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Push reproducible builds script? (for windows)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 09:38:53 +0200

Christian Jullien wrote:
I can try to detect CYGWIN_NT* from main Makefile and recursively call

   $(MAKE) -C win32

No, Christian.  I finally decided to scrap the win32/Makefile.
It will not be part of the release.

/cygdrive/f/tinycc$ ./configure

No. As I already wrote, the cross-compiler prefix of cygwin's
"GCC for Win32 Toolchain" (a.k.a. mingw-gcc) needs to be passed
to configure:
    configure --cross-prefix=i686-w64-mingw32-
or
    configure --cc=i686-w64-mingw32-gcc

The prefix may vary depending on cygwin version.

Btw. to manage the win32 target with its own Makefile would of course
be possible, but does make sense only if it works on all systems and
hence can at the same time simplify the main Makefile to at least the
same extend.  I can't say how well this would work but anyway it's too
late now to try for this release.

Best regards,

--- grischka