Re: [Tinycc-devel] Push reproducible builds script? (for windows)

From: Chris Marshall
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Push reproducible builds script? (for windows)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 08:38:59 -0400

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 7:17 AM, Christian JULLIEN <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ok I understand,
> What annoys me is that I must install i686-w64-mingw32-gcc I don't really
> care just to compile tcc for native Windows while std cygwin/gcc is
> perfectly able to do the same.

My effort to make tcc build in cygwin rather as a cross-compiled
native windows application has been on hold for about a year
pending the new release of tcc.

I would classify using cygwin to build a mingw compiled tcc is just
cross compiling from cygwin to win32.

As a long time cygwin user the single configuration "technique"
that is a problem for a working cygwin/posix port is to "look underneath"
the cygwin posix environment to "discover" the native win32 beneath
and to build for that.  The correct approach is to detect cygwin as
a flavor of unix and treat it as such.

I'm looking forward to the coming stable release.  Exciting
to see we're getting close.

--Chris