tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] IARU HF

From: hb9fbl
Subject: [Tlf-devel] IARU HF
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 19:52:58 +0200

Hello, I started to play with tlf on slackware, it is very
interesting.

I'd like to set up TLF for IARU HF.

I have two questions:

1) Is it possible that tlf will suggest the ITU zone based on the
call?

2) Is it possible to use TLF for the IARU HF?

----
Rules are on http://www.arrl.org/contests/rules/2003/iaru.html

7.1. Contacts within your own ITU zone, as well as QSOs with any
IARU-member society HQ stations, count one point.
7.1.1. Contacts with a station in the same ITU zone but on a
different continent count one point.
7.2. Contacts within your continent (but different ITU zone) count
three points.
7.3. Contacts with a different continent and IARU zone count five
points.
8. Multipliers: The total number of ITU zones plus IARU member
society HQ stations worked on each band (not mode.) IARU officials
represent a maximum of four multipliers per band (AC, R1, R2 and R3).
8.1. IARU member society HQ stations and officials do not count for
zone multipliers.
8.2. To qualify as the special multiplier, Administrative Council and
Regional Executive Committee stations may only be operated by the
individual licensees as single operators.
9. Scoring: The total number of QSO points times the total number of
multipliers worked.

I started to play with logcfg and I created the file IARUHQ.DOM based
on the same file from the TR distribution.

The rules of IARU are a bit confusing.... as I begun to play with TLF
I got something like that:

15CW  01-Jun-03 19:28 0015  HB9A 599  599  USKA                   1
15CW  01-Jun-03 19:28 0016  W1AR 599  599  ARRL                   5

Where W1AR should be only 1 point. Any suggestion ?

73 de chris HB9FBL