tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Some "newbie" TLF Questions

From: William Liporace
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Some "newbie" TLF Questions
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 09:02:20 -0500

Good Morning Folks,
Thank You for those that have helped me so far  :-)  It is fun to learn and play in linux (BOY do I have a LOT to learn!!).... I have some operating issues and some functional issues.

I have the SPOTS window open when the program starts. The issue is that nothing ever appears in it. The telnet does appear to be working. If I do a :map, it changes to Needed and again nothing appears. If I do :cluster, the packet window appears and data is flowing. According to the manual, if I enter the first couple of characters of the callsign and hit ctrl-g enter nothing happens.  The good news is, when I do a ctrl-b, I can send info to the cluster. The other thing that appears to work is the crtl-f funtion....
Then I do the : or :PAC, it appears to be re logging into the cluster rather than just switching screens, but I really have not watched ther node. Is it just an appearence issue ;-)

I have the FT1000D working.  I can change bands. change frequency , change modes and etc... Here is a couple of things that I noticed.:
The radio defaults to 2.4 kHz filter in CW (not real good for me)
The radio defaults to 2.0 kHz filter in SSB (this is OK)
IF I set the filter and change bands, it changes the filter to above.
How do you set the split frequency? (bigge here on 40/75 and other times)

What do people use for award tracking, daily logging , and etc?

TNX es 73 Will NA2NA
telnet://na2na.net