tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Some "newbie" TLF Questions

From: Rein Couperus PA0R
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Some "newbie" TLF Questions
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 00:40:56 +0100

On Tue, 2005-12-20 at 09:02 -0500, William Liporace wrote:
> Good Morning Folks,
> Thank You for those that have helped me so far  :-)  It is fun to
> learn and play in linux (BOY do I have a LOT to learn!!).... I have
> some operating issues and some functional issues.
>
> I have the SPOTS window open when the program starts. The issue is
> that nothing ever appears in it. The telnet does appear to be working.
> If I do a :map, it changes to Needed and again nothing appears. If I
> do :cluster, the packet window appears and data is flowing. According
> to the manual, if I enter the first couple of characters of the
> callsign and hit ctrl-g enter nothing happens.

When spots don't make it into the spots window it is a matter of the
clock not running on UTC in 99% of the cases. The spots time out in 30
minutes.

The ctrl-G feature only works in the spots and bandmap/needed windows,
and as there is nothing in the spots window....

>   The good news is, when I do a ctrl-b, I can send info to the
> cluster. The other thing that appears to work is the crtl-f
> funtion....
> Then I do the : or :PAC, it appears to be re logging into the cluster
> rather than just switching screens, but I really have not watched ther
> node. Is it just an appearence issue ;-)

it doesn't, it just switches to the telnet terminal.

> I have the FT1000D working.  I can change bands. change frequency ,
> change modes and etc... Here is a couple of things that I noticed.:
> The radio defaults to 2.4 kHz filter in CW (not real good for me)

We have had that in other radios.... there is a CW bandwidth command, I
forgot whay it is, and it has not been tested with a FT1000; you have to
do some digging...

> The radio defaults to 2.0 kHz filter in SSB (this is OK)
> IF I set the filter and change bands, it changes the filter to above.
> How do you set the split frequency? (bigge here on 40/75 and other
> times)

As far as I know, only VFO A is supported in tlf.

> What do people use for award tracking, daily logging , and etc?

I use Xlog for casual DX and qsl labels, it imports tlf files.

Rein PA0R