tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Tlf-0.9.28 uses gMFSK as RTTY modem!

From: Rein Couperus PA0R
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Tlf-0.9.28 uses gMFSK as RTTY modem!
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:50:39 +0200

Hello tlf'ers,

I have uploaded Tlf-0.9.28 to
http://sharon.esrac.ele.tue.nl/pub/linux/ham/tlf.
Changes:
* Bug fixes (version 0.9.27 was broken: country indication did not work,
wrong mults file for arrldx_dx)
* Added interface to gMFSK to enable RTTY contesting with soundcard.
* Added new parameters for the logcfg.dat file:
        GMFSK (use gMFSK as an output device)
        RTTYMODE (start tlf in RTTY mode)
        DIGIMODEM=/home/youruser/gmfsk_autofile

You need the special version of gMFSK which is used for pskmail
(http://pskmail.wikispaces.com).
Information on how to install this hacked version of gMFSK-0.6 is on the
pskmail wiki. Tlf takes care of all contest related stuff, exactly as
you are used to in CW mode...

You can use keyboard mode (Alt-K in CW mode) by switching to the gMFSK
send field with "Alt-TAB". This toggles between tlf and gMFSK.
This will be necessary until I have time to redo the gMFSK interface (a
socket interface is on the todo list).

Happy testing, and let me know what you think!!

73,

Rein PA0R