tlf-devel

Fw: [Tlf-devel] TLF update?

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Fw: [Tlf-devel] TLF update?
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:14:32 +0100

Sorry, sent the reply only to Olaf. Here is a copy.

Tom DL1JBE

Beginn der weitergeleiteten Nachricht:

Datum: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:13:21 +0100
Von: Thomas Beierlein <address@hidden>
An: address@hidden
Betreff: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF update?

Hi Olaf,

let me give some additional informations.

Am Wed, 24 Nov 2010 21:02:23 +0100
schrieb Olaf Devik <address@hidden>:

> I assume your reference to tlf-1.0 refers to what is called xtlf in
> Ubuntu repositories, which I installed successfully today to my
> station computer. At first try at least the rig interface worked. If
> my version is older than this reference I will try out the newer one.

No tlf-1.0.0 is *not* Xtlf-1.0.
I understand the confusion about it. As Rein build the Xtlf he called
it 1.0.0 and when we started the overhaul of the text based tlf he also
called it 1.0 . So the version on the link is in fact a new version of
the curses based tlf.

> I only do CW so the restriction to CW should not be a major problem.

Nice to hear. Please give it a try and come back with some feedback. I
plan to make some final changes before christmas and maybe we have a
nice shiny new version under the tree :-).

> Normal logger is cqrlog, but this is not very suited for tests. The
> backup is to setup my Windows computer and use some of the Windows
> test loggers, but I try to avoid Windows around my radios.

Yep. The same here.

> Thank you for feedback, and I assume your answer means that the
> console based tlf will not be developed further.

See above.

73, de Tom. DL1JBE.