tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF update?

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF update?
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 08:04:22 +0100

Olaf,

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 12:09:19AM +0100, Olaf Devik wrote:
> Thomas
>
> Thanks for input. I now have the correct tlf version up and running on the
> station computer, cw keying now works ok and also radio control of my K3.

Nice to hear :-).

> The only minor problem is that the cwkeying is not perfect as there is a
> small truncation at the the start of every transmission, typically it
> sounds like a normal dot being shortened to 2/3 thirds of its normal
> length. Cw speed in testing is 25 wpm, not very fast.

Hmm. CW keying is done by cwdaemon program. Your problem sounds as if the PTT
line is a little bit late (Or do you use full-BK?).

> I am running in an xwindow console and the colours are not as they should
> be, a clean console is much better, but I have no idea of how to set my
> screen resolution to the size suitable for tlf. Currently when I start tlf
> in a Linux console, the log window only covers the upper left part of the
> screen.

Yes. That is still a problem and maybe fixed in the future. TLF is designed for
an 80x25 terminal. Most unix systems uses a higher resolution in console mode
nowadays. For colour handling in the X terminal read the man page and look
for the discussion of the TERM environment variable. You can experiment a
little bit with the other TERN settings and maybe get better results.

At the moment a better colour management and a better handling of different
terminal sizes are on my long term todo list.

> Plan is to try out this version during the upcoming cqww cw contest this
> weekend.

So: Good and many DX!

73, de Tom Dl1JBE

P.S.: I am on tour the next days and only back on sunday.

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea