tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] voicekeyer tlf-1.1pre2 and other matters

From: Andy Summers
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] voicekeyer tlf-1.1pre2 and other matters
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 13:13:08 +0000

Hi Tom,

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 6:31 AM, Thomas Beierlein <address@hidden> wrote:
What do you use Ctrl-a
for when you are in in the exchange field? May be I missed something.

OK, to explain: When I'm S&P I tend to enter the call as I hear it and then immediately tab to the exchange field. Generally, I'm then able to confirm the exchange TLF predicts (if applicable) by listening to the previous QSO. In any case, I'd rather not have to wait until the station comes back to me before I tab to the exchange field. I want to be already there, just waiting to type the exchange. If the station is taking too long to come back to me, I want to add to the bandmap and carry on S&P. I can then come back later.

This raises an interesting issue regarding the automatic sending of F6 (mycall) when you hit enter in S&P mode. What if the station doesn't come back? You have to hit F6 manually. Mostly, stations don't come back to me first time. Note that if you use this mode, it automatically tabs you over to the exchange field. So the ability to add to bandmap from the exchange field is something you'd want to do quite often.

73 Andy, G4KNO.