tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] WAEDC QTC - 1st v0.001 Beta release :)

From: Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] WAEDC QTC - 1st v0.001 Beta release :)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 08:47:11 +0100

Hello Thomas,

first: thank you for the instructions and remarks,

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 07:05:55AM +0100, Thomas Beierlein wrote:
> Hi Ervin,
>
> nice to see the WAEDC going forward. I am looking forward with great
> interest.
>
> At the moment I am a little bit busy with QRL here. So I can do a more
> thorough test only in next days.
>
> For the moment I had only a quick look and would like to make some small
> comments which may be helpful.

absolutely :)

> - The boilerplate in your new files seems to be a simple copy of Reins
>   original files. So the copyright is not quite right. As these files
>   are your work you should state so, e.g.
>
>    'Copyright (C) 2013 Ervin Hegedüs'

well, I wanted to ask anyway about the copyright, but you
preceded :). I will change it all of the affected files in the final
version. And, by the way: what about those files, which I
modified the original files, and contains Reins and/or you? Just
simply had to add myself?

> - I am not quite sure if the ALT+S and ALT+R key combinations are a
>   good choice. They are used already in tlf for another function. We
>   should look how to handle that best.

ok, I agree - what is your suggestion?
NB: the ALT+S and ALT+R combination aren't used in exchange
field, so they are used only with this context.

But if anybody has a good idea, I will change it.

> - For logging it may be better to use glib's message logging
>   facility instead of the system log. That seems to be the wrong place
>   for messages from an normal application.

Basicly I don't need to syslog(). I just use that for debug, to
see some information about the variables. May be there are
several ways to catch it, but I'm not a C programmer - I think I
didn't coded in C in last 10 years or more... (Perhaps about 3
years ago I had to make a Python module in C - but it was not a
complex code like Tlf. :))

The final version will not contains them, I want to purge the
syslog.h header too from all affected files.

> - In your first changes you made a functione named 'waedc_pa'. I think
>   it is modelled after the 'pacc_pa' function. That other function is
>   for the '_pa' part of the 'pacc' contest. So maybe a better name for
>   your function may be 'waedc_eu'. What do you think?

You're absolutely right, I will change that name.

Thank you again for the remarks,

73:

Ervin
HA2OS