tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] cwdaemon/ winkeyer questions

From: Jim Bruce
Subject: [Tlf-devel] cwdaemon/ winkeyer questions
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 21:12:28 -0400 (EDT)

Currently I am running Xubuntu 12.04LTS x86 and will go to Xubuntu 14.04LTS
later this spring. Depending on motherboard used it could be x86 or x64 OS.
Logging programs are Tlf (naturally), CQRLog and Xlog. CW/PTT port is on ttyS0
to an MFJ 1279T.

I currently have cwdaemon 0.94 installed. I understand that this has some bugs
and I think I experienced it with the recent contests. Is the new version
(0.10.0) since it has a new maintainer better? Or is it better to use winkeyer-
server? I like the winkeyer config window the one time I tried it but it
conflicted with the installed cwdaemon. I tried setting cwdaemon to default to
ttyS0 but the program didn't like the changed config. I don't think CQRLog nor
Xlog work with winkeyer, correct?

What is the recomendations and/or opinions for this?

Thanks,
Jim/W3FA