tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF install and newer computer

From: Jim Bruce
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF install and newer computer
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 20:19:00 -0400 (EDT)

Is there a reason for not installing from Github vs the repository. I take it
that there is a special repo for tlf than what is in Ubuntu (ver 1.1.5)?
What is the repo url or path to put in Ubuntu software sources?

Here is what I have used before and to update tlf which includes some of the
prerequisites and appears to git from guthub/Tlf.

#!/bin/bash
#If you want a non-root local install you can do the following:

#Create your local programs directory and add it to your path
echo 'export PATH=$HOME/local/bin:$PATH' >> ~/.bashrc
source ~/.bashrc
mkdir ~/local

#for local hamlib
#echo 'export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$HOME/local/lib' >> ~/.bashrc
#source ~/.bashrc

#Install tlf

#first install these so tlf will configure without complaining

sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install autoconf
sudo apt-get install libglib2.0-dev
sudo apt-get install libncurses5-dev

git clone https://github.com/Tlf/tlf.git tlf
pushd tlf
autoreconf --install
./configure --prefix=$HOME/local --enable hamlib
#for hamlib
#PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$HOME/local/lib/pkgconfig/ ./configure --prefix=$HOME/local
--enable-hamlib
make install
popd

echo tlf will be in $HOME/local
echo directions are in $HOME/local/share/tlf

Jim/W3FA