toutdoux-list

[ToutDoux-list] Compiling 1.2.7

From: Ha Duong Minh
Subject: [ToutDoux-list] Compiling 1.2.7
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:55:49 -0400

Hi everybody,

  I am compiling the 1.2.7. These are the packages I installed on my
Mandrake 8.1:

 postgresql-devel-7.1.2-19mdk installed
 libpng2-devel-1.0.12-2mdk installed
 sgml-common-0.6.3-1mdk installed
 docbook-dtd41-sgml-1.0-4mdk installed
 openjade-1.3-15mdk installed
 docbook-style-dsssl-1.72-1mdk installed
 sgml-tools-1.0.9-22mdk installed
 docbook-dtd412-xml-1.0-5mdk installed
 docbook-style-xsl-1.44-1mdk installed

I hoped the latter two correspond to what the README called
stylesheets-0.13-4           : collection of stylesheets (SGML/Docbook)
It seems not, because I still get tons of errors like:
jade:../concepts.sgml:129:15:E: element "LISTITEM" undefined
jade:I: maximum number of errors (200) reached; change with -E option
Any idea ?

I had the impression that the configure script did not
check for dependencies, because I followed an iterative error process with
"make".
If my impression is right, that would be something to add to the TODO.

I also remark that re compiling and installing getxml from sources
puts the executable in /usr/local/bin.
By default on my box this is not in the $PATH of root,
which causes "make install" to fail until I setup a symlink.
I guess this is a temporary woe until either getxml gets packaged
 or is folded back into toutdoux.

Minh.
--
Minh Ha Duong, CIRED                 Chargé de Recherche au CNRS

Center for Integrated Study of Human Dimensions of Global Change
Department of Engineering and Public Policy.
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213-3890, USA

tel +1 412 268 4640
fax +1 412 268 3757
address@hidden