toutdoux-list

Re: [ToutDoux-list] Compiling 1.2.7

From: mathieu
Subject: Re: [ToutDoux-list] Compiling 1.2.7
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 20:23:42 +0200

Le ven 19 oct 2001 à 19h55, Ha Duong Minh a écrit :
> Hi everybody,
>
>   I am compiling the 1.2.7. These are the packages I installed on my
> Mandrake 8.1:
>
>  postgresql-devel-7.1.2-19mdk installed
>  libpng2-devel-1.0.12-2mdk installed
>  sgml-common-0.6.3-1mdk installed
>  docbook-dtd41-sgml-1.0-4mdk installed
>  openjade-1.3-15mdk installed
>  docbook-style-dsssl-1.72-1mdk installed
>  sgml-tools-1.0.9-22mdk installed
>  docbook-dtd412-xml-1.0-5mdk installed
>  docbook-style-xsl-1.44-1mdk installed
>
> I hoped the latter two correspond to what the README called
> stylesheets-0.13-4           : collection of stylesheets (SGML/Docbook)

No, stylsheets is another package avaible on RedHat 7.x as on Mandrake 8.1
(I've tested this distributions)

> It seems not, because I still get tons of errors like:
> jade:../concepts.sgml:129:15:E: element "LISTITEM" undefined
> jade:I: maximum number of errors (200) reached; change with -E option
> Any idea ?
>
> I had the impression that the configure script did not
> check for dependencies, because I followed an iterative error process
> with
> "make".
> If my impression is right, that would be something to add to the TODO.

Dependancies are generaly checked, this one seems to be forget.

> I also remark that re compiling and installing getxml from sources
> puts the executable in /usr/local/bin.
> By default on my box this is not in the $PATH of root,
> which causes "make install" to fail until I setup a symlink.

when you want to install any standard GNU package using configure in /usr
(and not /usr/local) you must specify on the configure command line
--prefix=/usr as

./configure --prefix=/usr

(this works the same for the most of the softwares installed with
configure)