tpop3d-devel

Re: [tpop3d-discuss] RE: LDAP Authentication

From: prune
Subject: Re: [tpop3d-discuss] RE: LDAP Authentication
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:23:16 +0200

Hi,

I have not been working with tpop3d since last year, but as I can remember, try something like :
auth-ldap-searchdn: dc=mye-znet.com,o=mye-znet
as the searchDN is the start of where you are looking for entries

auth-ldap-filter: is the attribut that is checked. if it matches with the supplied login, the entry is considered good, so :

auth-ldap-filter: uid

finaly, the
auth-ldap-username and auth-ldap-password shoud reflect to the user used to bind to the ldap server and do the search :

auth-ldap-username: cn=mailadmin, dc=mye-znet.com,o=mye-znet
auth-ldap-password: secret

of course, the mailadmin user must have search privileges on the DN.

Have a look at the tpop3d doc. As far as I remember it is well maintained and fully understandable if you take some time to read it, and read some ldap stuffs.
I'll try (will be hard) to re-install latester tpop3d and see how I can provide more documentation and examples in the doc (ok chris ?)

I don't remeber but check the doc also about append-domain problems....

Finaly, you should really check openldap's logs (debug set to 256 is good I think, and see what filter is used and which entry are returned. also, which user is used for binding to the server, if it works or not.....

Cheers,

Prune

Thai Tran wrote:
Hello everyone,
	Here is a copy of my tpop3d.conf:

mailbox: maildir:/home/mailspool/$(domain)/$(user)/
append-domain: yes
auth-ldap-enable: yes
auth-ldap-url: ldap://localhost
auth-ldap-searchdn: o=mye-znet
auth-ldap-password:
auth-ldap-filter: <need help with this portion>
auth-ldap-mailbox-attr: mailMessageStore
auth-ldap-mail-user: nobody
auth-ldap-mail-group: nobody

If it is possible for me to change my auth-ldap-filter to make the query
result in this way, I am sure that it would work:
	ldap://localhost/dc=$(domain),o=mye-znet??sub?uid=$(local_part)

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks ahead,
Thai Tran