tpop3d-devel

[tpop3d-discuss] RE: LDAP Authentication

From: Thai Tran
Subject: [tpop3d-discuss] RE: LDAP Authentication
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 12:22:40 -0500

Hello everyone,
    If someone can help point me in the right direction regarding the auth-ldap-filter.  At the moment I am not sure how tpop3d uses the filter to manipulate the search or I am just to blind to see it from the default filter.

    I am aware that the default search filter is (mail=$(local_part)@$(domain).  If someone can explain to me exactly how this is used and the results of using the default filter in a ldap url format.

For example: If I'm logging in with address@hidden and my password, what would the end result of the ldap url be, using the default filter?  I am assuming this at the moment but tpop3d does use ldap urls to perform queries, correct?

Thanks,
Thai