Re: Two weirdnesses (bugs ?) in tramp 2.0.34

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Two weirdnesses (bugs ?) in tramp 2.0.34
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:53:29 +0200

Skip Montanaro <address@hidden> writes:

> I've noticed a terrible slowness as well, though I don't recall that
> message.  It sits there for a long time before telling me it's going to
> save.  "rsync" is better than "ssh", but still terribly slow.

Whee.  rsync is an out-of-band method, so the tramp-chunksize
hypothesis won't apply to you.

Has Tramp gotten slower recently, or has it always been like this?

I wonder what is Emacs doing during all that time.  Maybe M-x
toggle-debug-on-quit RET, then some

    - wait
    - C-g
    - stare at backtrace
    - c to continue

cycles could be illuminating.
--
Two cafe au lait please, but without milk.