Re: Upgrading Debian causing login-trouble with 2.0.28

From: Kjetil Kjernsmo
Subject: Re: Upgrading Debian causing login-trouble with 2.0.28
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:08:30 +0100

On Monday 17 November 2003 12:30, Michael Albinus wrote:
> You should deactivate escape sequences of the prompt. See discussion
> in the Tramp info pages under "(tramp)Remote shell setup".

Hm, OK, I can't see anything specific about escape sequences there....?

However, I've tried to set the remote prompt to simply
PS1='pooh>'

...and still, it "hangs"... Ah, but then, there is a known bug in the
old Debian package:

Sorry to be disturbing, but is there an easy way to work around this?

Best,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo