Re: sftp support

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: sftp support
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:51:43 +0100

> Nevertheless, I doubt that it will be so simple. I guess that
> handshaking etc with sftp is different from ftp. So you might
> consider using ssh and scp, as already proposed in other replies.

Yes.  If you look carefully then you will see that the commands typed
by the user are the same, but the replies one gets from the server
aren't.  Ftp prints error codes like "200 PORT command successful" or
"150 Opening ASCII mode data connection for '/bin/ls'."

These are missing from sftp.  But ange-ftp relies on them.

Kai