problems with plink or ssh from windows 7 to unix

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: problems with plink or ssh from windows 7 to unix
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 17:44:20 -0600

I have been hitting a problem I hadn't seen before until, well now its
quite a while a few mnths I guess... but fairly recently at least.

This currently is occuring when using emacs:
 GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)

(I didn't build it, and have now forgotten where I got the pkg)

on Windows 7 (64 bit)

I'm attempting to use plink to connect to a remote opensolaris OS.

/plink:address@hidden:/etc/nwam

After giving passwd I land in the directory as expected, then open
file llp.

SO far all is well and I see that a temp file has been created. (from
*Messages* buffer)

Wrote c:/Users/harry/AppData/Local/Temp/tramp.4256ujd

But now after editing and attempt ot save I hit this:

  tramp-file-name-for-operation: unknown file I/O primitive:
    file-selinux-context

And the save fails

[

  Just aside in case anyone wants to suggest using ssh: When I use ssh
  the process just completely hangs up at the the earliest stage:
  /ssh:address@hidden:/etc/nwam never gets to the point of asking for
  passwd.

  But ssh is a different and I believe known problem... whereas plink
  has been working up till recently when I moved to win 7.
]