Re: Tramp: Found remote shell prompt on `192.168....' (2.2.7-pre)

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Tramp: Found remote shell prompt on `192.168....' (2.2.7-pre)
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 17:10:28 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Dmitry,

>> However, Tramp does not send any <TAB> over the wire. Do you have
>> enabled any kind of autocompletion in your remote shell?
>
> Not that I know of, just standard bash_completion. Is .bashrc even
> used in this scenario? I haven't customized it much, just installed
> RVM and added a couple of exports and aliases.
>
> Pressing <RET> <RET> definitely does not trigger any completion, not
> in the gnome-terminal, nor when logged remotely with plink.

Could you move all dot-files on your remote host somewhere else, just
for test?

Another possibility is, that Tramp has introduced a new error when the
local host runs MS Windows. As usual, I cannot test myself due to lack
of such a machine. Could somebody else pls confirm, that Tramp 2.2.7-pre
still runs fine with plink?