Re: Tramp: Found remote shell prompt on `192.168....' (2.2.7-pre)

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Tramp: Found remote shell prompt on `192.168....' (2.2.7-pre)
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 20:26:05 +0400

On 26.10.2012 19:10, Michael Albinus wrote:
However, Tramp does not send any <TAB> over the wire. Do you have
enabled any kind of autocompletion in your remote shell?

Not that I know of, just standard bash_completion. Is .bashrc even
used in this scenario? I haven't customized it much, just installed
RVM and added a couple of exports and aliases.

Pressing <RET> <RET> definitely does not trigger any completion, not
in the gnome-terminal, nor when logged remotely with plink.

Could you move all dot-files on your remote host somewhere else, just
for test?

That was it, the problem was in .inputrc, which I totally forgot about:

Control-j: menu-complete

Looks like ^M was translated to the same event, or something like that.

Thanks for your help!

--Dmitry