traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] Curves (aka envelopes?)

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Curves (aka envelopes?)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:20:53 +0100

Remon wrote:
> Hi Jonatan, good to see you here ;-)

Thanks! :)

Trying to summarize it up:

I now understand what you where asking about, how to select a curve, see
which one is active, etc...

If gain and pan is treated just like plugins, then everything is easier
(and more flexible) to start with.

Now, selecting a plugin would show any curves assigned to it's control
ports.

As long as the plugins only has maximum one curve each, there's no
problem. But many plugins has more than one control port, and many users
would like to assign curves to more than one of these. So there needs to
be a way to handle multiple curves for one plugin...

What about this: One could show all curves for the current plugin
overlayed with different colors (and transparent). (Also the current
curve could be less transparent and the others less visible).
There could be a list of boxes on the "row" under the plugin boxes, with
colors matching the colors of the curves. here one could select a curve
(and open some menu of options for that curve if necessary)

I'll attach a picture of approximately what I mean...

One problem with all those overlayed boxes might be that they could come
in the way for the user.. One could have a toggle to make them _very_
transparent (or hide them fully).

BTW, I have also worked on a curve editor the recent time, but using
cairo and GTK instead. Take a look at the screenshot at the bottom of
http://kymatica.com/index.php/Software/KyceShots

--
/Jonatan - http://kymatica.com

PNG image