traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] Curves (aka envelopes?)

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Curves (aka envelopes?)
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 23:55:30 +0100

Remon Sijrier wrote:

>> One problem with all those overlayed boxes might be that they could come
>> in the way for the user.. One could have a toggle to make them _very_
>> transparent (or hide them fully).
>
> Have been thinking about that too. A possible solution that popped up in
> my mind is that when a plugin becomes the selected or 'active' one, the
> plugin 'boxes', as well as the row with curves (if there is more then one
> for a plugin) will move slightly under the track/audioclip, so it frees
> the track/audioclip completely, and you have a clear view of the curve,
> it's nodes etc.
> What about that ?

Do you mean that when a plugin (or track, perhaps?) is selected, the
boxes would be drawn under the track instead, like it's inserted between
that track and the next track? perhaps that wouldn't be a bad idea.

I think it would be nice if this was when you select a track, so you
wouldn't have to select a plugin to clear the track (audio/curve) view..
One problem is that it could look strange when the boxes "pops down"
under the track and moves all other tracks down.

Or perhaps one should have simple toggles, like the keys F1, F2 and F3
to toggle pluginboxes/curves/waveform visibility on/off. That would be
really fast to use.

>> BTW, I have also worked on a curve editor the recent time, but using
>> cairo and GTK instead. Take a look at the screenshot at the bottom of
>> http://kymatica.com/index.php/Software/KyceShots
>
> Looks great, though I'm afraid I don't get what it does....
> But, welcome aboard, at least for designing the curve/plugin views ;-P

It's a curve (or graphical score) editor for my compositional
programming environment. The curves can be used to control synthesis
parameters or parameters to algorithms for generation of musical structures.

--
/Jonatan - http://kymatica.com