traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] Normalized export

From: Jonatan Liljedahl
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Normalized export
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 21:57:08 +0200

Remon wrote:
>>> So I thought, why not applying a negative amount of normalization when
>>> there is clipping ?
>> Yes, that's a good idea. Or if we follow my idea about song
>> normalization, it just means that the song gain is set to a negative value!
>
> OK
>
> But I'm still not sure what your Song normalization idea means.
> If it only changes the Song gain, one can easily ruin that value by changing
> the Song gain, and specially with plugins, rendering the normalization value
> can take a good deal of time!!

Sure, but it won't take any longer than exporting with normalize
checked... If not, then I'm clearly missing something. =) The idea was
that one at least has the possibility to normalize the entire song even
without exporting. And that would also give the user a clue of how much
off the main gain is (by looking at the resulting song gain after
normalization).

--
/Jonatan         [ http://kymatica.com ]