traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] CDRDAO export

From: ben levitt
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] CDRDAO export
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 14:56:27 -0700

On 5/12/07, Nicola Döbelin <address@hidden> wrote:
> This is super-cool!  And I also look forward to optional on-the-fly CD
> recording that writes the audio data straight to cdrdao, instead of
> writing wav files to disk first.  :)

Hehe, I doubt this is going to work with cdrdao...

Just a quick note to point out that cdrdao can write audio data to
disk from cdrdao's stdin if you give an audio filename as    FILE "-"
0:00:00 01:00:00

(It also allows you to give a FIFO instead of a file, which could work
too, but would be less cross-platform.)

I was talking to remon about this...  I think we could pass in
cdrdao's stdin to the export code, and have it output directly to that
instead of a file on the hd...  (If you set your burn speed lower, or
have a burn-free writer, it should be safe enough...

Ben