traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] CDRDAO export

From: Nicola Döbelin
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] CDRDAO export
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 23:38:47 +0200

On Wednesday 09 May 2007 23:31:30 Jonatan Liljedahl wrote:
> Nicola Döbelin wrote:

> >> If you want precision of how tracks are separated on CD you need to use
> >> 1 song = 1 CD, for example if you want to tracks to fade into each
> >> other, etc... it's also easier to see and hear the amount of silence
> >> between tracks.
> >
> > I agree, that's why I came up with the marker idea some time ago. But
> > Remon explained why he prefers to work with songs. If you stick to one of
> > the two concepts, you won't be bothered with the other one at all. If you
> > mix markers and multiple songs, the current solution of cdrdao export
> > tries to at least do something useful. It doesn't crash, or abort, or
> > ignore markers, and that was my goal. Please let me know how it works for
> > you.
>
> I see no conflict in combining them! One could have a long
> live-recording which you want to split up into separate tracks, and then
> another live-recording to do the same. Then you have 2 songs with
> multiple trackmarks, and you probably want them on CD like this:
>
> 1: song 1 mark 1
> 2: song 1 mark 2
> 3: song 1 mark 3
> 4: song 2 mark 1
> 5: song 2 mark 2
> 6: song 2 mark 3
>
> It's just a matter of incrementing the track counter for each trackmark,
> and iterate through the songs.

That's how it works now. And if you export "All Songs", you will end up with 1
CD, but if you export "Song 1" and "Song 2" separately, you will end up with
2 CDs. That's nice for a live recording which doesn't fit on one CD. You can
arrange part 1 and part 2 in separate songs, but still in the same project.
And if you suddenly find out that they fit on one CD, just use the other
export method.

Good night ;-)
Nicola