traverso-devel

Re: [Traverso-devel] Renaming the Song concept in Traverso

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-devel] Renaming the Song concept in Traverso
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 11:11:26 +0200

Hi,

> > I was talking to remon about this and we came up with the following
> > ideas as replacements for the word Song:
> >
> >  - Session
> >  - Page
> >  - Sheet
> >
> > My current favorite is Session.
> >
> > Other ideas?  Votes?

Hah, I wanted to add 'Work Sheet' to the list, but now I see you added Sheet
allready....
I like both Work Sheet, though it's a bit long, and just Sheet doesn't say
that much, and Session... (although Session in itself isn't very descriptive
either hehe)

> Session sounds good, and maybe we could even "sell" it as a somewhat
> different feature. How about a slogan like "You can save different states
> of your work in the same project, and easily jump back and forth". So you
> would work on Session 1, and instead of saving a backup copy of your
> project, press a button "Copy to new session". This would copy Session 1 to
> Session 2, and you could go on messing up Session 2. If you don't like the
> results, go back to session 1. So the whole Song concept would be turned
> into an advanced history stack and backup system, which is preserved over
> restarts of the program.
>
> How do you like the idea?

Yeah, it's a nice idea indeed!
I'll leave it to you to implement :-P