tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] Restructure download area: your opinion requested

From: Stef Euskadi
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] Restructure download area: your opinion requested
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 21:19:37 +0100

Hi you,

I bet you're right. So OK.

2007/2/10, Eric Noulard <address@hidden>:
Hi All,

TSP is growing and it seems a good thing to me :))
The first TSP release on Savannah was tsp-0.6.2.tar.gz
which contained ALL TSP components.

Now we have:

tsp-Source-x-y-z.tar.gz the TSP source in C language with
                                       ready to use consumer/provider

perltsp-x.y.z.tar.gz the TSP perl binding.

tsp-x.y.z-Windows.exe the Win32 binary installer

jTSPInstaller-JTSP_0_8_0.jar the JTSP installer (source and binary)

some doc
tsp_programming_guide-x.y.pdf
tsp_programming_tutorial-x.y.pdf
tsp_whitepaper-x.y.z.tar.gz

and more to come
dlock-x.y.z* should be there in future too.
rubytsp
pytsp

The history has put all those files flat in
http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/tsp/

I think it's time to define a true directory structure
so I propose one:
tsp
|-- prebuilt
|   |-- java
|   |-- linux
|   `-- windows
|-- documentations
`-- sources

We may further refine some subdirs if needed
for offering prebuilt rpm/deb/... (src or bin) or add
repositories topdir + subdirs
usable for a specific package manager (yum, apt, emerge,...).

For binaries and repositories I should check with savannah
admin in order to know if it's authorized or not
and if the disk space waste is acceptable.

Tell me what's your opinion about that:

Q1) OK or NOK to change from flat downlaod area to structured one.
Q2) OK for the proposed directory structure or propose one.
--
Erk