tsp-devel

Re: RE : [Tsp-devel] 0.8.3-rc1 windows build: testers needed

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: RE : [Tsp-devel] 0.8.3-rc1 windows build: testers needed
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 00:27:15 +0200

2007/4/4, Frederik Deweerdt <address@hidden>:
> Same thing for me.
> I will try to test it at home where I can be easily administrator.
> But your build seems OK.

It seems that the problem comes from the binary files
that are in external/ACPTL-ONCRPC/bin. They somehow got
corrupted and are not valid executables anymore.

Strange enough. I think we should checksum binary files
with gpg and/or sha1sum in order to verify their integrity.

Could you try to install 0.8.2
http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/tsp/tsp-0.8.x/tsp-0.8.2/prebuilt/windows/tsp-0.8.2-Windows.exe

and run a binary diff between ONCRPC extracted files?

Could you try downloading
http://www.plt.rwth-aachen.de/fileadmin/acplt-technologies/ks/software/oncrpc.zip
and install the portmap from this zip file? It solved the problem for me.

Beware of the fact that we have patched the ACPLT ONCRPC distribution
and that's why we did checked-in tsp/external the appropriate patched version.

You'd rather take the patched source and recompile it.

I did sent the patch to ACPLT ONCRPC maintainer but I don't know
if the patch were taken into accuont in the mainline or not.

Note that I had to reboot to remove the previous portmap.
Any ideas on how this happened?

I bet for corrupted CVS checkout with mishandled filetype.
But those files have (?should have?) been checked-in with -kb RCS tag.
I think we should really checksum those binary.

What puzzled me is that how did you succeed to compile with
possibly corrupted DLL/LIB?

--
Erk