tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] BB: new dump & load features

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] BB: new dump & load features
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 17:16:02 +0200

2007/5/4, Frederik Deweerdt <address@hidden>:
Hi,

The CVS repo contains two new features for the blackboard:
- An option to dump the bb in a given format, you can now run:
        $ bb_tools dump bb_simu xml
  and the you'll get and xml version of the BB structure
  Additionaly, an md5 sum is displayed to ensure the integrity of the
  dumped contents.

What is exactly md5sum-med?
The binary content of the BB memory region?
The content of the XML generated file (minus the <!-- md5= xxxx -->
Does load use the sum before loading?

How bb_tools is supposed to use the md5sum?

- An option to load an xml file into the blackboard.
  1) If the BB does not exist, we create it and fill it with the
  values given in the xml file.
  2) If the BB exists, then only the values will be restored
  The syntax is:
        $ bb_tools load newbb myconf.xml
  (myconf.xml has been generated by a call to bb_tools dump)

This is just great and it works for me :))
I've added the "bb_load" script wrapper
in src/util/libbb/bbtools/bb_load

when installed you may then use the busybox-like "shortcut"
bb_load newbb myconf.xml

Note that you need openssl libraries for the md5 sum, and libxml2 for
the xml format.
Ideas and reports of success or failure are welcomed :)

The load bb_tools subcommand lack the
"Usage section when too few arguments are provided"

bb_tools bb_load
bb_tools::bb_load: <2> argument missing
default: should never be reached?
bb_load::load a file into the BB

whereas (for example with bb_find)

bb_tools bb_find
bb_tools::bb_find: <1> argument missing
Usage : bb_find <bbname> <symbolpattern>
bb_find::find symbol in blackboard

As you see not really a big deal.

More "valuable" remark to come after more testing :))

--
Erk