tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] BB: new dump & load features

From: Frederik Deweerdt
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] BB: new dump & load features
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 17:48:11 +0200

On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 05:16:02PM +0200, Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2007/5/4, Frederik Deweerdt <address@hidden>:
> >Hi,
> >
> >The CVS repo contains two new features for the blackboard:
> >- An option to dump the bb in a given format, you can now run:
> >        $ bb_tools dump bb_simu xml
> >  and the you'll get and xml version of the BB structure
> >  Additionaly, an md5 sum is displayed to ensure the integrity of the
> >  dumped contents.
>
> What is exactly md5sum-med?
> The binary content of the BB memory region?
> The content of the XML generated file (minus the <!-- md5= xxxx -->
The generated file indeed (xml or not BTW). So it's the md5 sum of
everything except the first line.
> Does load use the sum before loading?
Nope, it would be a nice feature though. But for that we need another
way to parse the options in the bbtools (ie. depending on the command
itself). So I delayed that part.

> How bb_tools is supposed to use the md5sum?

At the moment, script around the bb_tools call will do the check (for us).
In the future, we should have a "bb_tools load -c my.xml" to enforce
the check before loading.

> >- An option to load an xml file into the blackboard.
> >  1) If the BB does not exist, we create it and fill it with the
> >  values given in the xml file.
> >  2) If the BB exists, then only the values will be restored
> >  The syntax is:
> >        $ bb_tools load newbb myconf.xml
> >  (myconf.xml has been generated by a call to bb_tools dump)
>
> This is just great and it works for me :))
> I've added the "bb_load" script wrapper
> in src/util/libbb/bbtools/bb_load
Thanks, I forgot it. For some reason, my fingers seem to like typing
the full "bb_tools command" thing :)

> when installed you may then use the busybox-like "shortcut"
> bb_load newbb myconf.xml
>
> >Note that you need openssl libraries for the md5 sum, and libxml2 for
> >the xml format.
> >Ideas and reports of success or failure are welcomed :)
>
> The load bb_tools subcommand lack the
> "Usage section when too few arguments are provided"
>
> bb_tools bb_load
> bb_tools::bb_load: <2> argument missing
> default: should never be reached?
> bb_load::load a file into the BB
Oops, thanks I'll fix it.
> More "valuable" remark to come after more testing :))
Well, knowing that it works outside my weird dev environment is of
great relief to me :)

Fred