tsp-devel

Re: [Tsp-devel] Windows testers wanted

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [Tsp-devel] Windows testers wanted
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:11:15 +0200

2008/8/2 Frederik Deweerdt <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> I've just commited a few fixes so now TSP builds and installs properly
> on Windows XP and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008.
> I'm sadly stuck with an assert that seems to be triggered in svc_run()
> in tsp_server.c (once the client as gotten its symbols).
> I'd need:
> - people willing to install and test the following build:
>  http://fdeweerdt.free.fr/tsp-0.8.4cvs-Windows.exe and confirm/infirm
>  this behaviour

I did do the install on a Windows XP box and
Install seems to be OK but...

- the CHM help file generated by doxygen doesn't seems to be there
  and/or the menu shortcut is dangling

- the portmap service does not seems to be automatically started
  (I need to go through Control Panel-->Administration Tools-->Services
    start portmap)

- I finally have a bug on StubServer startup (screenshot attached)

> - people with MS Visual Studio 2003 to test and build the latest CVS to
>  check if the problem is present or not.

I did not have time to update and compile, but I'll try to do
it this week.

> This should be the last step before releasing final 0.8.4, except a
> targa bug whose investigation is underway.

Thank you for pushing for this release.
--
Erk