uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] STK500 with 1.41 firmware (aka AVRStudio4 & 3.53)

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] STK500 with 1.41 firmware (aka AVRStudio4 & 3.53)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 17:34:50 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Grahame Kelly wrote:

:)Hi.
:)
:)I understand that this is the developer forum, and not a user forum,
:)but I have tried everything and looked through the mailing lists without
:)resolution to my problem.
:)
:)I have been using uisp successfully on a number of project - thanks guys.
:)
:)But now having upgarded my STK500 to firmware 1.41
:)(becuase of complaints from 20020626 saying it needed firmware >= 1.7)
:)I am not able to get 20021201 or 20020626 uisp to work - AVRstudio4 & 3.53
:)works and see/programs the STK500 correctly.
:)
:)I have tried everything I can think of, and read the Change notices etc;
:)but no resolution ;-(
:)
:)20021201 gives the error message:  Programmer is not responding
:)20020626 gives the error message: Device is not responding correctly.
:)
:)Can you kindly assist me and advise which uisp release will work correctly?

Jason Kyle has kindly figured our the changes in the new stk500 firmware.
I've made some changes to uisp to work with either the old or the new
firmware and I have had good results using either firmware 1.7, 1.10, or
1.14.

NOTE: firmware 1.14 returns 0x01 and 0x0e when uisp asks for the sw major
and minor numbers. The same firmware is reported by AvrStudio to be 1.41.

Please try the latest cvs and post results.

Ted Roth