uisp-dev

[Uisp-dev] uisp converted to use autoconf-2.57 and automake-1.7.x.

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: [Uisp-dev] uisp converted to use autoconf-2.57 and automake-1.7.x.
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:14:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I've just committed the changes to modernize the build system for uisp
to use autoconf-2.57 and automake-1.7.x.

This will only affect those building uisp from cvs. If you fall into
this category, you will need to run the following commands:

  $ cvs update -dP
  $ ./bootstrap

and then run configure however you normally run it. For example, this
is what I always to:

  $ mkdir obj-avr && cd obj-avr
  $ ../configure --prefix=$HOME/loca/avr

If I broken anything during the conversion, please let me know. I
would also like to hear from some users of non-linux systems as to
build failure/success (especially cygwin and macos).

The conversion was fairly straight-forward, so I don't expect many
problems.

Ted Roth

PS. Here's the relevent ChangeLog entries:

2003-08-11  Theodore A. Roth  <address@hidden>

        * acconfig.h: Remove file.

2003-08-11  Theodore A. Roth  <address@hidden>

        * Makefile.am (auxdir): Remove variable and usage.
        (AUX_DIST): Remove auxdir usage and add depcomp.
        (EXTRA_DIST): Remove references to config/ and acconfig.h.
        (AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS): Remove variable.
        (ACLOCAL): Remove variable.
        * NEWS: Add note about conversion to autoconf-2.57 and automake-1.7.x.
        * bootstrap: Convert to check for and use autoconf-2.57 and
        automake-1.7.x.
        * configure.ac: New file.
        * configure.in: Remove file.
        * config/README: Remove file.
        * config/check_autoconf213.m4: Remove file.