uisp-dev

Re: [Uisp-dev] High voltage serial programming mode...

From: Jason Kyle
Subject: Re: [Uisp-dev] High voltage serial programming mode...
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 07:17:42 +1200

At 10:36 07/08/2003 -0700, Theodore A. Roth wrote:

<snip>

> I think there's still a really confusing one with the -dprog=avrisp being
> not the Atmel AVRISP, i'm sure that's tripped up a few users.

I have no idea what's going on there since that was added before I
showed up. It seems to be some kind of parallel port type programmer,
which is confusing, since I thought Atmel's AVRISP was a serial
programmer compatible with stk500. Was there some Atmel appnote that
talked about this type of programmer? [Just looked and didn't see
one]. I'll change it, but I don't know what to change it too. ;-)

Way before Atmel released their AVRISP product someone else called their parallel port bit wiggler AVRISP, and that's what uisp associates with the name. Would be far better to remove the old one and replace with and STK500 alias, it's not like uisp is short on parallel port programmer variants!

Cheers,

Jason