uncc-dev

[Uncc-dev] "uncc" wrapper

From: Robert Millan
Subject: [Uncc-dev] "uncc" wrapper
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 18:47:04 +0000

Hi there,

I'm posting to the list and keep both of you on CC. Please tell me when
you are subscribed so I can drop the CC.

Looking at the dessign of GCC, on which cc/gcc is a wrapper for:

  - cpp
  - cc1
  - gas
  - ld

I think that "uncc" could follow a similar scheme, so that a single command
could do all the tasks. Hence I wrote a little script that works as a wrapper
and add it to the Debian package. It works by executing:

  - strip
  - dasm.pl (in /usr/bin/dasm)
  - uncc1 (in /usr/lib/uncc1)

Running "uncc foo" as a single command will produce the result of executing
all the commands manualy.

I'm attaching it.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)