uncc-dev

[Uncc-dev] Re: "uncc" wrapper

From: Robert Millan
Subject: [Uncc-dev] Re: "uncc" wrapper
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 21:48:28 +0000

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 07:19:11PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> > Hence I wrote a little script that works as a wrapper
> > and add it to the Debian package. It works by executing:
> >
> >   - strip
> >   - dasm.pl (in /usr/bin/dasm)
> >   - uncc1 (in /usr/lib/uncc1)
> >
> > Running "uncc foo" as a single command will produce the result of executing
> > all the commands manualy.
>
>  that's ok for me,

Note that my script uses the "tmpfile" command which is debian-specific. As
you may guess, "tmpfile" has the functionality of the C function "tmpfile()"

The script, however, is just a quick example. IMO it should rather be a C
program which can get implemented command-line options just like gcc has.

Would you like me to rewrite the "uncc" wrapper in C, and implement basic
options such as --help or --version?

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T, Ainulindale (Silmarillion)