uracoli-devel

[uracoli-devel] Frame Control Field

From: Eduardo Aldaz Carroll
Subject: [uracoli-devel] Frame Control Field
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 19:19:27 +0100

Dear all

First a disclaimer, I’m a beginner with the 802.15.4 standard.

I have successfully used the example xmpl_radio_range.c, however I have a doubt concerning the forming of the Frame Control Field as defined in the datasheet (see figure below)

In the xmpl_radio_range.c file we find:

#define FRAME_CTRL (0x8841)

rt_frame_t TxFrame = {

        .fctl = FRAME_CTRL,

        .pan = RT_PANID,

        .dst = RT_ADDR,

       .src = "">

};

I assumed 0x8841 would be the intended contents of the Frame Control Field, but it seems to me that it would result in writing a 1 in one of the reserved areas, which makes me doubt I’ve understood the purpose of that define?

What does this value actually do/configure?

Thanks
Eduardo