uracoli-devel

[uracoli-devel] mercurial grafting

From: Axel
Subject: [uracoli-devel] mercurial grafting
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 20:11:08 +0200

Hallo all,

I just discovered a new feature (for me) in mercurial - it is related to "cherry picking" or "backportging".

With

$ hg graft <rev>

you can pull the changes from one commit on a branch (e.g. from a releasebug branch) to your current working-branch.

After this with

$ hg resolve -l

the conflicts are listed with "U" at the first line postion.
You can resolve the conflicts and mark the files as resolved with

$ hg resolve -m <filename>

If there are files in the changeset theirs changes you don't want to
have touched by the graft, simply roll them back with

$ hg revert <file>

Finally check the changeset in your work directory with

$ hg diff

and if everything looks right, comitt and push the changes.

$ hg commit -m "grafting fix for ..."

$ hg push

Best regards, Axel.