usbb2k-api-help

Re: [Usbb2k-api-help] Yealink USB Handset

From: Thomas Reitmayr
Subject: Re: [Usbb2k-api-help] Yealink USB Handset
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 21:23:10 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Henk and Andrew,
just today I received the key codes for a P1KH from a guy as I myself do
not own this handset either. So I think that's almost all information
needed to add the P1KH to the yealink kernel module. One thing I still
have to figure out is how to update just a part of the display.
For the first steps I will use the USB logs I received and my personal
P1KH model which basically implements the device side ("hardcoded") of
USBIP. I will let you know how work progresses.
Regards,
-Thomas

PS: My current knowledge about the P1KH is packed into a test program
'p1kh' at
http://www.devbase.at/svn/view.cgi/yealink-tools/trunk/?root=experimental
and some USB log files at
http://www.devbase.at/svn/view.cgi/yealink-logs/?root=experimental

--- yealink wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 06:32:03PM +0200, Andrew Myers wrote:
> > Having bought a Yealink P1K handset, and very pleased I was with the
> > combination of the Yealink module and the handset, I bought another.
> >
> > Trouble is the powers that be changed the internals, and it appears
> that
>
> > I now have a P1KH, which is not fully supported by the Yealink module.
> >
> > On the Yeaphone site I found the following:
> >
> > "Answer by Thomas (Reitmayr): For the record: Ken and I found out that
>
> > the handset he is using actually is a P1KH. It comes with the same
> > enclosure and display but uses a different ?C inside. However the
> > essential difference is that it uses a slightly different data format
> > for USB communication which the current yealink kernel module cannot
> > handle. We decoded the protocol already and implemented a "prove of
> > concept", a kernel mode driver still has to be implemented though."
> >
> > I wonder if there is a chance that a patch could be published, or that
>
> > this could be included in a new release of the module.
> >
> > Thanks for any help
> >
> > All the best
> >

> > Andrew
>
> Sorry for the late response,
>
> I must admit I am not so active anymore with USB phone development
> and my P1K sits idle in the box for some time.
>
> I could add support for different phone types but I would have to have
> an actual physical device to test it with.
>
> Of course I would be accepting "high quality" patches which means:
> - Don't break the current sysfs userspace interface.
>   That way you can actually use your phone with Yeaphone or
>   Linphone => 1.7.0.
>
>   (The only reason to change the sysfs interface right now is on request
>   by Thomas Reitmayr or the linphone team.)
>
> regards,
> henk

      Machen Sie Yahoo! zu Ihrer Startseite. Los geht's:
http://de.yahoo.com/set