vampire-public

[Vampire-public] First Vampire release

From: Maxime Biais
Subject: [Vampire-public] First Vampire release
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:40:45 +0100

Hi,

I'm   pleased    to   announce   the    first   Vampire   pre-release:
"vampire-0.2a". This is a pre-release because we didn't hardly test it
and  because our  test  suite is  not  able to  foretell all  possible
events.  We release this version  in the hope of getting user comments
and bug reports to finalize it.

>From Savannah's news:
"""
Project download area - posted by rudy, Sat 01/10/04 at 18:56:
As  most user  have  noticed, the  project  download area  is not  yet
working. We are working on it.
"""

When the  project download  area will work,  Vampire release   will be
available here:
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/vampire/vampire-0.2a.tar.bz2
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/download/vampire/vampire-0.2a.tar.gz

May the  LRDE supply us a place  to put these files  temporarily ? Now
you  can  get  the  Vampire   source  code  from  cvs  using  the  tag
"vampire-0_2a".

Comments on this release:
 - We didn't set maximum simultaneous running tests. So if you want to
test many  tarballs on  many hosts; the  number of  maximum connection
(ssh, telnet or other) may be  reached before the end of all the tests
and induce false-failed tests.
 - Daemon mode have been disabled because it is not fully usable.

A simplistic web  site will be uploaded soon in  english and in french
containing:
 - A full description of Vampire
 - Link to the lastest release and to the download area
 - Vampire's future
 - Informations about authors, LRDE and EPITA
 - Link to savannah and to the project page

--
Maxime Biais