vcdimager-gui-devel

[VCDImager-GUI-devel] Re: VCDEasy support for v0.7.11

From: Herbert Valerio Riedel
Subject: [VCDImager-GUI-devel] Re: VCDEasy support for v0.7.11
Date: 26 Oct 2001 12:08:40 +0200

g'day

On Wed, 2001-10-24 at 15:30, delphi.stuff wrote:
> 1) Why does GNU VCDImager shows this:

> EEL sysid=[http://www.gnu.org/software/vcdimager/videocd.dtd]
> pubid=[-//GNU//DTD VideoCD//EN]
>
> Just for information ? Is there a problem with this line ?
just for information... was a debugging output I forgot to remove...

> =======================================
> 2) I have just discovered the 2 following options:
> "next-volume-use-sequence2", "next-volume-use-lid2"

> The description in the documentation is not very clear for me... I found
> this on the web: "these two tags refer to the ability of some multi-disc
> stand-alone players to instantly start playing the next disc once the
> current disc as finished playing"

> <next-volume-use-sequence2/>
> 1 If pbc interpretation is disabled, start the next disc if it has the same
> <album-id> at the second sequence instead of the first.

> 2 It is required, that the stream has already user data groups with scan
> information data, in order for this feature to work

> 3 An album is defined as a series of discs which contain related content

> <next-volume-use-lid2/>
> If pbc is present and interpretation enabled, start the next disc if it has
> the same <album-id> at the second pbc list instead of the first one.

> What does "pbc interpretation" means ? Some PBC info in the VCD but the
> player won't interpret it ?
yes (either because it has no support for PBC -- unlikely -- or because
the user has disabled it somehow)

> Is this for VCD1.0 and/or VCD 2.0 and/or SVCD and all XVCD ?
it is for all vcd types which support PBC; (actually everything except
VCD1.x)

> Relevant only when volume count > 1 ?
yes (in theory)

> Is PBC present exactly means some PBC info in the XML file  ?
PBC is present, if the XML contains the <pbc> container, otherwise it is
not present
(also, if the psd and lot files are present on the disc, this usually
means that PBC is present)

> I do not understand "It is required, that the stream has already user data
> groups with scan information data, in order for this feature to work"
this means, that if you want to use the update scan info feature, there
have to be already user data group 'slots' in the mpeg video stream,
since vcdimager can not insert them, but only update them...

> =======================================

> 3) Can you tell me more about "restriction"
>
> Restriction category. This element allows to set viewing restrictions which
> may be interpreted by the playing device. The allowed range goes from `0',
> i.e. unrestricted, to `3', i.e. restriction category
>
> What kind of restrictions ?
it is a kind of rating; '0' means free to view for all, while '3' may
mean, content not suitable for ages under 18...
actually the exact meaning is not defined! I guess it was left to the
countrie regulations to define the 4 levels;
also, it is player dependant, i.e. the playing device has to act on the
content of this field; on the few players I tested that on, I saw now
difference at all, thus I assume most players actually ignore that
value... and play the content nevertheless... :-/

> NB: I renamed VCD Imager Easy to VCDEasy
:-)

regards,
--
Herbert Valerio Riedel       /    Phone: (EUROPE) +43-1-58801-18840
Email: address@hidden       /    Finger address@hidden for GnuPG Public Key