viewmail-info

Re: [VM] spool files

From: Uday Reddy
Subject: Re: [VM] spool files
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:00:26 -0000

On 4/30/2011 10:34 PM, Piter_ wrote:
Hi all.
I have been using gnus and procmail/fetchnmail.  Now I wanted to use
VM but I can't  make it to read my spoolfiles.
I have spool files in folder ~/.MAIL
here is my VM file:
;;; first, set up special handling for the system mailbox
(setq vm-spool-files (list
                        ;; this should be a list of triples:
                        ;;<mail folder>        <spool file>
<crash box>
                        (list "~/.MAIL/mail/inbox" (getenv "MAIL")
"~/.MAIL/mail/inbox.crash")))

It looks good to me, provided the environment variable "MAIL" has been set correctly. Do you want to try it first by giving an explicit file name for the spool file? Once you get it to work, you can investigate what might be going wrong with the environment variable.

We will be glad to hear of your experiences regarding how gnus and VM differ.

Cheers,
Uday